Sunday, May 8, 2011

Personal Space Project

I honestly still want to do the caution tape idea that I discussed before (it was option 3 on my blog entry). But I do not know where I would be able to buy any caution tape. I might have to steal it ;) I plan on figuring out all the complications tomorrow so as of now my choice is my Option 1- I'm going to buy a large hamster ball, maybe 2 if I can afford it, and fit inside of places around campus. My main location would be the large grass field by the Chemistry building.


There I want to set up a game (I talked about human-bowling before) so that others can interact and even get inside of the ball themselves. From there I would go to various places on campus as well such as the lecture halls, buses, restaurants in IV, maybe even the pool at the Rec Center, so that I can observe the physical issues with space around the city and campus. The only problem i have now is finding someone with a Costco card so that I can buy the ball. I believe that this project will not only be fun and interactive, but allow me to manipulate space. I will have to find my boundaries in terms of where I can physically fit. I also figured that having a hamster ball that I could fit inside of would always come in handy so it's a good investment. I will know all of the details tomorrow for sure so I plan on being completely ready to execute later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment